Nicola Tegoni is a member of DBM’s immigration practice group. His practice is exclusive to U.S. Immigration Law. Mr. Tegoni represents and counsels corporations and individual clients in business immigration, family immigration, citizenship, removal defense, federal court litigation, and asylum. He is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the preeminent national bar association of attorneys who practice and teach immigration law. He is a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Mr. Tegoni also serves as a Pro Bono Attorney for The City University of New York Citizenship & Immigration Project and as a Pro Bono Attorney for the New York City Immigrant Advocacy Initiative (NYCIAI).
Mr. Tegoni received his Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, in Political Science, Peace & Conflict Studies, Legal Studies, and International Studies from Brandeis University and his JD from Suffolk University Law School. He is also fluent in Italian and French. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Not admitted in New York.
Dunnington, Bartholow & Miller LLP, provides legal advice par excellence across a number of practice areas. Below is a sampling of the types of services we offer our clients:
Our corporate partners provide legal advice to support every aspect of your business. Our partners' collective experience as both inside counsel and outside counsel for large, multinational companies enables us to execute effectively as an extension of our clients' legal departments. Our corporate group handles, among other matters, the following:
Corporate finance, corporate structuring and counseling to both public and private companies and startups;
U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions;
Loan workouts, debt restructuring and bankruptcy matters;
Cross-border and international transactions;
Executive compensation issues;
Regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues; and
Our litigation partners handle complex litigation, arbitration and mediation matters for our clients in a wide-range of subject and industry areas. Our litigation practice includes matters in:
- Corporate and commercial for large-cap public corporations and closely-held corporations;
- Intellectual property, including copyright, trademark and unfair competition;
- Real estate and construction;
- White-collar defense;
- Trust & estates; and
- Business dissolutions.
Our litigators have successfully represented our domestic and international clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the United States, and, in addition to filing or defending cases and collecting judgments, we are often called upon for our local knowledge of New York courts.
Intellectual Property and Art Law
Our intellectual property and art law group represents companies, individuals, estates, artists, collectors and dealers in, among other matters:
- Intellectual property protection counseling, litigation, arbitration and mediation;
- Intellectual property contract drafting and negotiation;
- Transfers and sales of intellectual property;
- Trademark and copyright negotiation and related counseling;
- Domain name acquisition, transfer and disputes;
- Trade secret protection, corporate practices to preserve databases, client lists and preserve privacy;
- Product development, advertising and marketing counsel;
- Licenses, distribution agreements and franchises;
- Fine art: counsel on ownership, collecting, display, sales, consignments and structured donations of artworks;
- Rights of publicity, defamation, content creation and distribution;
- Advertising, architecture, art, broadcasting film, internet, media, music, literature, photography, satellite transmissions, software, sculpture and design and video; and
- Practice before U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, including contested trademark registration, opposition and cancellation proceedings.
Our real estate practice area concentrates on services to real estate owners, investors, landlords, commercial tenants, managers, joint venture partners and related parties. Practice matters include:
- Commercial leasing;
- Fee acquisitions and development;
- International commercial and residential transactions;
- Formation and structuring of holding companies;
- Counseling and due diligence on varied and diverse real estate transactions;
- Like-kind exchanges;
- Representation of brokerage and management companies;
- Hotel management and leasing agreements; and
- Representation of cooperative and condominium boards.
Tax and Trusts & Estates
Our tax and T&E partners have decades of experience representing corporations and individual clients. We assist our private clients with individual tax, estate planning, probate and estate administration matters. We represent both our corporate and private clients in proceedings before the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Tax Court and many other government agencies. Our Tax and Trust & Estate Group also includes matters in:
- Preparation of estate planning and related documents, including wills, trust agreements, living wills and health care proxies, and documents relating to charitable trusts and foundations;
- Probate and related matters;
- All aspects of estate and trust administration;
- Individual income, gift and estate tax planning, both domestic and international;
- Retirement plans including 401(k) plans, IRA's, 403(b) plans, and SEP's;
- Income, gift and estate tax audit examinations;
- Representation before the Internal Revenue Service and the courts;
- Corporate tax "C" and "S" corporations;
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations;
- Dissolution and disposition of businesses;
- Executive compensation;
- Real taxation and like-kind exchanges;
- Family limited partnerships; and
- Trusts including irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable remainder and lead trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts.
Long-term relationships characterize Dunnington's client base, whether the client is a banking institution, a multi-national corporation or the fourth generation of an original individual client. Our goal is to provide sound, comprehensive services at a competitive cost that achieve practical results and constructive benefits for you in both the near- and the long-term.