Our Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group attorneys provide advice to companies in a broad range of industries regarding how to best navigate the rapidly evolving laws and regulations relating to privacy and cybersecurity.
We advise on:
- Designing technology that is compliant with GDPR and applicable federal and state privacy laws;
- Industry best practices as they relate to data privacy and cybersecurity;
- Legislative and regulatory developments;
- Regulatory compliance with privacy and data security regulations across industries;
- Data security policies and preparedness and measures to reduce related risks;
- The gathering, storing, use, and commercialization of external personal information;
- Defending data security-related lawsuits involving intellectual property, trade secrets, privacy violations, disclosures of personally identifiable information, and other data breach claims;
- Defending clients before enforcement agencies;
- Service-level agreements in areas that impact privacy and data security, such as vendor agreements, and cloud computing services;
- Insurance coverage for privacy and data security issues, including counseling at the time of policy purchase and litigation after wrongful claim denials or refusals to provide full coverage for claims;
- Providing due diligence support in merger and acquisitions and other corporate transactions;
- Management of breach response requirements, including notifications to government agencies and affected individuals;
- Preparing internal messaging memos; and
- Implementing policies and procedures to prevent and minimize the risk of data breaches or privacy violations that could otherwise destroy your company’s growth strategies.